Only 3 weeks left until Christmas Break! Time is flying! We have been enjoying a new novel study called “The Golden Goblet” while completing our unit about Ancient Egypt. Our mummified chickens are coming along well!
The Grade 10 Peer Mentoring class is doing a fundraiser for a family of refugees who have recently moved to Salmon Arm and are in need of a vehicle. The goal is $2500. Donations can be brought to class until December 14th.
A) Spelling / Vocab on Wednesday – these are using words from The Golden Goblet. Students will need to know how to use these words in a sentence.
- composedly = to do something calmly and deliberately
- doubtless = indicating belief that a statement is certain to be true given what is known about the situation
- ingot = a block of gold
- elusive = difficult to find, catch or achieve
- haste = excessive speed or urgency
- jubilant = feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph
- illustrious = well-known and respected; noteworthy
- drollest = amusingly odd or whimsically comical
B) BMV on FRIDAY:
Psalm 23 (part 1) – Verses 1-3:
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
C) DEVOTION (Friday) – Eden
D) Term 1 Report Cards sent out (online) on Friday