Hello Fantastic and Super SEVEN!!!!
I’m going to miss you so much. I will be praying for you and will be so happy for us to be all back together again on November 15th. May God give you health and peace…and may He also give you a strong work ethic to be motivated to get some school work done each day. 😉
Aim to do 1-2 items from each subject area each day and you will be done in no time. You can complete this in any order. The only thing that has days laid out is the Bible study called “Why Change?” – do one each day. I encourage you to start each day with JESUS!
Please mark off what you’ve done each day on the checkmark box. Put completed assignments in the envelope provided for you so that it doesn’t get lost!
You can send me an email at any time and I will do my best to respond to you as soon as possible during school day hours. You can also join the Grade 7 “Teams” in Office 365. We may even have some class chats / video calls – I will keep you posted!
***** ALL of the work below is in the package that was sent home or that you were to pick up… *****
|Language Arts: |
* ENGLISH 5-4-3-2-1 Complete all in one day, or do one number each day…up to you!
* Spelling These are your spelling words for Wednesday, November 17th. Please complete all 3 pages and review the spelling words each day.
* Creative Writing Prompts
Choose 2 Creative Writing prompts (do these on separate days) and in your Office365 account, write a solid paragraph (5-7 sentences) based on the prompt you chose. Read over the Writing Assessment on the back page!
* Remembrance Day Lesson
– Do you have any relatives or friends who have served in the armed forces either in Canada or around the world? Have you been part of a public Remembrance Day Ceremony (either at school or in the community)?
– Watch this video: 2016 Remembrance Vignette | VeteransAffairsCa – YouTube
– Read short article: “What is Remembrance Day?”
– After watching the video and reading the text, I’d like you to make some personal connections (what connections – similarities, differences, thoughts – can you make about yourself from reading the text (text to self), what connections can you make within the text (text to text), what connections can you make between the video and the text (text to media) and finally, what connections can you make from reading the text to things that are going on in the world that you know about (text to world)).
* Poem and Song Analysis
** Read the song lyric and poem once each
** Listen to the song “Imagine” by John Lennon (he was a member of the British pop rock band The Beatles) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ72bYyEtBg
** As you are listening, jot down any ideas that come to your mind
** After the song has finished, highlight which verse stood out to you the most.
** Complete the Song and Poem analysis pages
** Compare the poem and song using the Venn Diagram
* Reflect on the Bible Passage for our Scripture Memory (James 1:2-3) – Due November 19th
* Follow Bible Study “Why Change” – there are 5 days…complete one part per day
|Health and Career: |
* Complete the Life Skills Challenge! DUE Tuesday, November 16th…once you are back at school! 😊
* Don’t forget to be working on TUSC roles (see below for your roles)
|Social Studies: |
* Complete Vocabulary Matching and Hieroglyphics activity
* Ancient History Map Skills (answer questions on page following the map)
* Ancient Egypt WebQuest – follow the links to find the answers to the questions
* Ancient History: Think About It (answer the question on the reverse page)
* Ancient Egypt: Joining of 2 Kingdoms
*** Follow the instructions on the page to design a symbolic crown. Be sure to complete each section completely and thoroughly. You can look online at what different crowns looked like in Ancient Egypt to get an idea if you’d like!
* Complete the Detective activity
* Do some Duolingo! www.duolingo.com/classroom/kyzuzs Use your login info or create an account if you do not yet have one! 😊
|Math & Science: Do assigned work from Miss Guetter (check her blog and your email for info) |
“Be STRONG and COURAGEOUS! Do not be afraid or discouraged…for the Lord your GOD is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
“May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT.” Romans 15:13
YOU ARE SOOOOOOO LOVED!!!!